Rewilding is the term referring to the conservation and recovery of natural spaces and the reintroduction of endemic species in certain lands by human action.
But we cannot forget about ourselves, as we all are increasingly influenced by “civilization” and immersed in its relentless rat race. Rewilding should also emphasize on the recovery of us, the rewilding of the human race.
“Rewilding’” is about:
- recovering lost human instincts;
- forging contact with our deepest selves;
- returning to the natural world;
- overcoming human domestication;
- restoring traditional and ancestral knowledge that is being lost at a disturbing rate;
- being self-sustainable and less dependent on others;
- restoring behaviors inherent to a more wild human nature.